Becoming a Leader at Camp Oneida
There are many possible ways to serve as a volunteer leader at Camp Oneida:
- Program Director
- Cabin Counsellor
- Bible Study Leader
- Craft Leader
To be a leader at Oneida, you must:
- Be at least 3 years old than the camper age group you are applying to (some camps may still require older leaders)
- Be actively involved with a Christian church
- Obtain a police background check (any costs will be re-imbursed)
BOLT (Building Oneida's Leadership Team) is required for all first time leaders under 18 years old.
To be a leader at Oneida, you are expected to:
- consider your involvement at camp to be one of service and ministry
- be willing to submit your attitudes, habits, and personal comfort and conduct to the will of God while at camp
- provide campers with the best possible environment within which to mature in their understanding of the Christian Faith.
- agree to cooperate in all aspects of the program in order to make it the very best possible
High School Community Service
Serving the Lord as a leader at Oneida will complete your high school's 40 hour community service requirement. (1 week = 144 hours, more than enough!) More Information
Leader Application Notes:
- Once your form is submitted, all leaders must be approved by the Personnel Committee.
- Applicants may be asked to be a leader at a different camp than what they indicated.
- Apply for Leadership
Contact Oneida's Leader Registrar for more information.