Police Background Checks for Leaders
All leaders, directors and perm staff who are 18 years or older are required to obtain a police background check before coming to Oneida. This is in accordance with Oneida's Child Protection Policy.
Police Background checks submitted will be kept secured on file and will be valid for 3 years. Confirm with the leader registrar that the camp has a current background check on file for you.
Obtaining a Background Check
- Background checks must be obtained from your local police force.
- Background checks can take up to 8 weeks to complete, contact your police force early
- Many police forces provide free checks for volunteers. Any costs you pay will be covered by Camp Oneida up to a maximum of $40.00.
- If you have any questions, read our Frequently Asked Questions or are unsure of this process, contact the leadership registrar ASAP.
The following is a list of police forces and what is required to obtain a background check.
- Dufferin Region (Orangeville)
- Halton Region (Oakville, Georgetown)
- Hamilton-Wentworth (Hamilton, Ancaster, Grimsby)
- Niagara Region (Niagara Falls, St. Catharines)
- OPP (all areas without a local force)
- Peel Region (Brampton, Mississauga)
If your police force is not listed, contact the leadership registrar and we will provide this information.